Monday, July 23, 2012

Newbie Blog Hop

So I stumbled across Grade Three is the Place for Me. First of all, I love her blog. Second of all, she is having a great blog hop for newbie bloggers so I decided to join in on the fun!!!


1. What state you are in?
I live in Arizona. I was born and raised here, which is actually quite surprising since most people move here. Who are the crazier people, the ones that were born in the heat or the ones that voluntarily move into it? hehe ^_^
2. Your current teaching position...
Currently I am teaching a 2nd grade ELD class. I have been lucky enough to stay in the same grade and same room my whole teaching career. This will be my 5th year!!
3. Your teaching experience...
I started volunteering as a reading tutor when I was 18. Then all through college I was an after school teacher. I am so grateful for that job because that's where I learned the most about kids and how to deal with behavior. I graduate with a BA in Elementary Education in 2008 and I have been teaching 2nd grade ELD ever since. I am currently working on my Masters in Administration. Not sure if and when I will leave the classroom, but for now I couldn't image myself being anywhere else!
4. When you started blogging...
I actually started blogging July 2009, 3 years ago. I spent my first year on teacher blogs and I learned a lot from them. I got a lot of my ideas from online and after I had one year under my belt, I felt like it was time I contributed. Once the school year started though I lost track of blogging and eventually forgot about it. It wasn't until last week that I decided to start back up again. I was filming a classroom set up video and in the process, realized that there was more that I wanted to share. So that's when I logged back on and started blogging again.
5. Share a blogging tip / blogging resource...
I would definitely have to say, keep up with pinterest. You can find so many great ideas there. As far as blogging goes, just be yourself. Don't try to compete with other bloggers and live up to their names. Just be who you are and start blogging for the right reasons, whatever they may be for you. Lastly, HAVE FUN!!!

Now it's you turn to participate!!!


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to revisit blogging! I have had fun in the few weeks I've been doing it. I love Ladybug's labels, too! You were so smart to shrink and use your craft punch!! You've inspired me!

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you on the blog hop and am now follower number 11! I love the flipped printing idea! Super cute! I'd love for you to come take a look at my blog!

    Stephanie
    Mrs. A's Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your supply containers! Thanks for sharing!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title! Sounds like you are pretty creative. I'm your newest follower.

    Carolyn
    http://thirdgradeadventuresinelbert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower! Love you blog name!
    Laureen
    www.teachwithlaughter.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete