Monday, June 2, 2014

Books I'm Reading This Summer

I am linking up with Sugar and Spice to participate in her Wordless Wednesday link up. This Wednesday she shared what she will be reading this summer and I decided to share this with you as well. There are quite a few things I want to read this summer, but the two that I am definitely reading right away are these four books.

fdaThe first book is by Lucy Calkins. My district has been trying to put together a new writing program. This is not the first year using it, but it will be my first year launching it as a literacy lead as well as a kindergarten teacher. I need to be ready to not only train other teachers in this program, but also be able to implement it into my own classroom. There are a total of 4 books, but I want to make sure that I at least get through this first one.

adfThe second book I will be reading is a crafty book. I love teaching, but it’s so nice to be able to go home after a long day and relax by creating something pretty! This book is definietly full of VERY pretty projects. I was walking through Michales when I saw it and I knew I had to have it.

f89fe3de5dd1b2e0dde36d008f60bc25The third book I will be reading ASAP is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I have been a John Green fan for such a long time. I was even lucky enough to meet him! I am definitely a Nerd Fighter for life (if you don’t know what that is… look it up!) ;-) With his movie coming out in just days, I need to finish this book!

The fourth book is not pictured, but it is my text book for my masters class. Being able to relax and not have school work for very long is something I look forward to. I plan on using this summer to get ahead on some of my school work for the year.

WordlessWednesdayLinkyPic

What are you reading this summer? I would love to know! Make sure to head on over to Sugar and Spice and share some of your reading treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment