Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Made It #1



Monday Made It 1
It’s time for another summer of weekly Monday Made It!! I love getting organized and ready for a new school year. This summer is very important for me. Not only am I moving from 2nd grade to Kindergarten, I’m also moving schools. I have a lot planned for this summer and I’m hoping that Monday Made It will allow me to be prepared and ready for those 5 year olds.
Button 1
First of all, I just want to say how much I am LOVING these new pictures Tara has included on her blog. So for my first project, I created my own decal for my MacBook Pro. I have seen so many cute and clever ideas and I decided to liven up my computer since I use it everyday for so many things, including writing this post. Yoshi is by far my favorite Nintendo character and when I saw this image on Pinterest I knew I wanted it too. Instead of spending money and wait for shipping, I made it myself. All I had to do was create an SVG image of Yoshi and import it into my Silhouette Studio software and cut it out of vinyl. It adds a nice little touch to my “boring” laptop.
photo 1
Button 2
As I mentioned earlier in this post, I am moving to Kindergarten. That means that I will be focusing a lot more on letter names and sounds. As soon as Cara Carroll released this file I purchased it right away. I finally got around to printing, cutting, laminating, and cutting them again. I can’t wait to get into my classroom and display them for my kinders.
photo 5
Button 3
This may seem like a strange Monday Made It, but it is, I swear! Since I am moving schools I am between schools. Everything is packed and moved out of my old classroom, but I can’t move into my new classroom until they are finished cleaning mid-July. That means that my classroom stuff is living in my house. It was in my garage, hallways, spare room, and craft room. Today I was finally able to condense it all into a corner of my craft room and free up the rest of my house. I am glad that it is all in one spot, but I can’t wait until I can start setting up my classroom.  When do you guys get to start setting up your rooms. Do you have to wait until summer is almost over or do you get the entire break?
photo 4
Make sure to head on over to Tara’s blog and share your projects with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment