Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Day the Crayons Quit

I love books! I love reading books in my personal time and I especially love reading books to my students. Nothing is better than seeing the looks on their faces when you finish reading them a book that they just fell in love with.

Like I mentioned in my last post, my focus this year is writing. In that post I mentioned that I like to teach writing through mini lessons. Often times, I use a book to help me with this. One of my favorite books that I use at the beginning of the year and throughout the year is The Day the Crayons Quit.

One day after work my husband and I decided to stop by Barnes and Noble and guess what we saw!? A whole display of these books with coloring sheets. Of course my husband wanted to draw a picture of a bear while I read the book for the hundredth time. Who says grownups can't enjoy children's books?




No comments:

Post a Comment