Skip to main content

Classroom Tour

Tomorrow is the first day of school and after a week and a half of redoing my room, I am ready to share what it looks like.

First a quick story on my room. My first year of teaching I had a huge red wall and it drove me crazy by the end of the year. After that I ripped it all down and wallpapered my room in black. It stayed like that for 4 years. This summer I decided to redo one wall with purple fabric after talking to my teaching buddy/BFF. Once that wall was done everything else just seemed out of place. That's when I slowly created a purple theme. I didn't think anything was going to match, but somehow it all came together.

 View from the door

 My desk is to the right as soon as you walk into the classroom

 Right side of the classroom

 Front of the classroom

 Where I display student work

 Back of the classroom

 Left side of the classroom

 Bathroom
 Word Wall

 Anchor Chart Wall
 Writing Wall

Library

I love my classroom this year and I can't wait to spend time in there with my students. It took a lot of work, time, dedication, and sore legs and feet, but it was definitely worth it!!!



Comments

  1. Your room looks super cute and inviting! I love your anchor chart wall and student display wall! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks great! Can't wait for mine to be ready! :)

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pops of purple in there! It looks great! So organized. I really love those big cubby shelves you have! I would love to have those, and a bathroom nearby!! Good luck tomorrow and thanks so much for linking up!!
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plan With Me Sunday Blog Hop

Welcome to Plan With Me Sundays Blog Hop! This is my first time participating and I am so excited! I have been a planner all of my life and I absolutely love writing things down and organizing my life. This week I wanted to link up with Keeping up with Mrs. Harris and Kreative in Kindergarten because I love looking at other people's planners. Before I share with you my planner(s) I just want to let you know that I have THREE, yes three. One is my personal planner with my every day to do lists, chores, appointments, etc. My second is my business planner. I use this to organize things for work, my TpT store and blog, as well as my Etsy. The third planner is my Erin Condren teaching planner. I will not be sharing that planner this week, but you can learn all about it HERE . I will be sharing two of my planners here with you today. The first is my business planner. It is an Erin Condren planner in the vertical layout. I love this layout because it is broken down into thre...

3-2-1 Teacher Bio {Weekend Warriors}

I am linking up with Weekend Warriors to let you know a little bit about myself. I love getting to know other teachers and thought this would be a fun way to do it.   1. I love being a teacher and I have wanted to be one every since I was a little girl. I even turned my closet into a classroom and taught my sister and gave her homework to do. Even when she was done playing with me I would continue to play teacher by myself and my Barbies. If you peak into my classroom I am always with my students. I am either sitting on the floor with them reading a story, sitting at their tables during math time, and even dancing during Go Noodle with them. I love my job and being able to be a kid at heart 7 hours a day is pretty awesome!! 2.  I absolutely love center time. I love making and creating fun and engaging centers for my students and this year I am even going to add an additional math center time. This is a time where my students get to unwind a little, have some fun, ...

Team Member Gifts

Happy Monday! Today is my last day of summer vacation. I have meetings this week, but I am going in today to have a team meeting with my wonderful kindergarten team. This year I am team lead and I wanted to share my appreciation with some beginning of the year gifts. Teaching all day can be tiring and at the end of the day it's not unusual for some of us to forget to drink water. I have two HUGE water cups that I bring to work every day, but it never hurts to have more. I added vinyl to these mason jar cups for my team mates. Hopefully we will all stay hydrated this school year. The next part of their gift are some goodies from my favorite place... Target!! I just packaged up some of my favorite dollar spot finds and closed it up with some washi tape. This past week I went into my classroom and set everything up. I wanted to be able to relax this week and focus on lesson planning this week. I have been creating custom stickers for my Erin Condren lesson planner and I ha...