Skip to main content

Donors Choose for Teachers

If you've been teaching for a while, you know how much money you have invested into your own classroom. During my first year of teaching I was going out every weekend and shopping for my classroom. I ended up taking a lot of my money and investing it back into my classroom. At the time I thought I was doing a good thing. I realized that I was spending money on things that I could be getting for free. In this blog post, I will explain how I've gotten $7000 worth of resources and supplies for my classroom for little to no money at all!!

I'm sure most of you have heard about Donors Choose. Some of you may use it religiously like I do. Others may have an account, but never submit a grant. Some of you may have never heard of it at all. I have gone ahead and created a video explaining Donors Choose and how it works. In this video I walk you through the process of creating your own project.


Once you start using Donors Choose, you will realize what a great resource it is for us as teachers. The best part is when the students actually get the materials and resources in their hands. I love taking pictures of them using the donations. Part of the thank you package is writing thank you letters to your donors. I have gone ahead and created a file that includes three different templates for you to use. You can find that file by clicking here.


This file is not only great for creating thank you letters for Donors Choose projects, but they can also be used for general thank you letters. If you have any questions regarding DonorsChoose.org please feel free to contact me. You can find my information in the contact section of my website.



Comments

  1. I love DonorsChoose.org! I just did a blog post about them last month HERE. I have had 17 projects funded and it has equipped me with some amazing things for my students. Your video is a great tutorial for teachers to get started!

    Melanie
    Posh Primary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magic Answer (Flip Chute)

Don't we all just love Pinterest? I know I do! I have been wanting to implement math centers into my routine this year and I slowly want to teach my students games that can one day be part of their math centers. I am currently working on a math fluency "program" (future post) and I knew that I wanted math facts to be a big part of my math centers. I saw this flip chute on pinterest and I thought it was perfect. I went ahead and made one of my own. It was actually pretty easy. There is a video on Classroom DIY, but I decided to do a more step-by-step video. You can see that video here. I also  made a template in word that you can go ahead and type your questions and answers into. Click the photo to visit my TPT where you can download the template for free.

I'm Not a Turkey

With Thanksgiving coming up, I am reminded of all the things that I am thankful for. I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends. I am also thankful for such a sweet bunch of second graders this year. I want to keep this post short and sweet so I will leave you with one of my favorite writing activities, I'm not a turkey. I'm sure there are many variations of this activity, but I just love it so much.  I love the creativity that comes out during this assignment. One of my favorites... I'm not a turkey. A turkey has feathers. I have hands. Can I ask you a question? Do turkeys go to school? No they do not. I am a student. I talk a lot. If you eat me, I can talk in your stomach. If you eat a student, you go to jail. Ohhh so creative!!

Plan With Me Sunday Blog Hop

Welcome to Plan With Me Sundays Blog Hop! This is my first time participating and I am so excited! I have been a planner all of my life and I absolutely love writing things down and organizing my life. This week I wanted to link up with Keeping up with Mrs. Harris and Kreative in Kindergarten because I love looking at other people's planners. Before I share with you my planner(s) I just want to let you know that I have THREE, yes three. One is my personal planner with my every day to do lists, chores, appointments, etc. My second is my business planner. I use this to organize things for work, my TpT store and blog, as well as my Etsy. The third planner is my Erin Condren teaching planner. I will not be sharing that planner this week, but you can learn all about it HERE . I will be sharing two of my planners here with you today. The first is my business planner. It is an Erin Condren planner in the vertical layout. I love this layout because it is broken down into thre