Skip to main content

Magic Answer (Flip Chute)

Don't we all just love Pinterest? I know I do! I have been wanting to implement math centers into my routine this year and I slowly want to teach my students games that can one day be part of their math centers. I am currently working on a math fluency "program" (future post) and I knew that I wanted math facts to be a big part of my math centers. I saw this flip chute on pinterest and I thought it was perfect.


I went ahead and made one of my own. It was actually pretty easy.


There is a video on Classroom DIY, but I decided to do a more step-by-step video. You can see that video here.

I also  made a template in word that you can go ahead and type your questions and answers into. Click the photo to visit my TPT where you can download the template for free.


Comments

  1. Loving this! I pinned the exact same flip chute and want to make one as well. Thanks for the template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I'm still trying to figure out a template where I can flip the answers so they will come out right side up.

      Delete
  2. Love your flip shoot. I made one years ago when I was in 3rd grade! I would love to have you come and visit my blog and enter my giveaway. You could win a laminator!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use it in my class. I will definitely stop by!

      Delete
  3. What a fun center!!! I have never seem these before, and love the "Magic Answer" idea!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on Pinterest and I knew I had to make one. I didn't have any intention of making one yet because they are a lot of work to make it, if you decorate it as much as I did. I was drinking lemonade and I didn't want to through out the carton, so I just made it now! :-)

      Delete
  4. Firstly, LOVE THIS. Secondly, watched the video (so great!) - love how you are like the queen of crafting supplies. So many cool tools! I'm super jealous! Out of curiosity, what do you think the age range is for this shoot? Like, do you think older kids might find it less interesting because they understand how it works? Thanks for sharing your expertise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I have a ton of crafting tools. I have my own craft room in my house. It's my hobby of choice. :-) I think older kids 3-5 would enjoy it. I definitely think K-2 would find it the most interesting because they really do think it's magic.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plan With Me Sunday Blog Hop

Welcome to Plan With Me Sundays Blog Hop! This is my first time participating and I am so excited! I have been a planner all of my life and I absolutely love writing things down and organizing my life. This week I wanted to link up with Keeping up with Mrs. Harris and Kreative in Kindergarten because I love looking at other people's planners. Before I share with you my planner(s) I just want to let you know that I have THREE, yes three. One is my personal planner with my every day to do lists, chores, appointments, etc. My second is my business planner. I use this to organize things for work, my TpT store and blog, as well as my Etsy. The third planner is my Erin Condren teaching planner. I will not be sharing that planner this week, but you can learn all about it HERE . I will be sharing two of my planners here with you today. The first is my business planner. It is an Erin Condren planner in the vertical layout. I love this layout because it is broken down into thre...

Team Member Gifts

Happy Monday! Today is my last day of summer vacation. I have meetings this week, but I am going in today to have a team meeting with my wonderful kindergarten team. This year I am team lead and I wanted to share my appreciation with some beginning of the year gifts. Teaching all day can be tiring and at the end of the day it's not unusual for some of us to forget to drink water. I have two HUGE water cups that I bring to work every day, but it never hurts to have more. I added vinyl to these mason jar cups for my team mates. Hopefully we will all stay hydrated this school year. The next part of their gift are some goodies from my favorite place... Target!! I just packaged up some of my favorite dollar spot finds and closed it up with some washi tape. This past week I went into my classroom and set everything up. I wanted to be able to relax this week and focus on lesson planning this week. I have been creating custom stickers for my Erin Condren lesson planner and I ha...

3-2-1 Teacher Bio {Weekend Warriors}

I am linking up with Weekend Warriors to let you know a little bit about myself. I love getting to know other teachers and thought this would be a fun way to do it.   1. I love being a teacher and I have wanted to be one every since I was a little girl. I even turned my closet into a classroom and taught my sister and gave her homework to do. Even when she was done playing with me I would continue to play teacher by myself and my Barbies. If you peak into my classroom I am always with my students. I am either sitting on the floor with them reading a story, sitting at their tables during math time, and even dancing during Go Noodle with them. I love my job and being able to be a kid at heart 7 hours a day is pretty awesome!! 2.  I absolutely love center time. I love making and creating fun and engaging centers for my students and this year I am even going to add an additional math center time. This is a time where my students get to unwind a little, have some fun, ...